Mother's Day

My very first Mother's Day was memorable indeed. Poor Jimmy was sick with a stomach virus!! Charlie and I played together in his room early in the morning and then went to church later. Mom and Dad surprised me and met me there for the second service. Then we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. While we were there Charlie had a blow-out diaper, which we had to change in the back of Mom and Dad's Sante Fe, and then I got super-claustrophobic in the corner where we were eating. Not to mention that my chicken was undercooked and was sent back twice... I ended up leaving before everyone else was finished because I felt very anxious and panicky! Later on Jimmy gave me a very sweet card from him and Charlie as well as a cute Thirty-One apron I had been wanting.

Of course the important thing about Mother's Day is that I was able to celebrate being a mom! While it has turned my world inside-out in every imaginable way, and while it has been quite the adjustment, it has been the most wonderful thing. I LOVE being Charlie's mommy! It is a high privilege and calling from God to be a mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

I must say that my mom has definitely set the motherhood bar high, and I am very thankful for her! If I can love Charlie half as much as she loves Daniel and me, then I'll be doing fine. She is also a magnificent Granana and does an awesome job loving Charlie! Thank you Mom!!

Popular Posts