Mom & Charlie Date to Pullen Park!

I have been wanting to take Charlie to Pullen Park all summer long and finally got the chance to recently. When Henry had his special time at Granddaddy and Granana's house, I took my boy out on a date! We headed to the park for a day filled with lots of outside fun.

We started with a run through the Chick-Fil-A drive thru...
Here is Charlie scarfing his chicken minis once we got there... think he likes his snack?!?!

The park has different playgrounds for different ages. Here he's swinging on the toddler playground.

I was so excited about riding the train with Charlie. Here we are!

Waiting for the ride to begin. He was just taking it all in- the kids, the noises, everything. 
The train going by. It is a fun little ride around the park!

Watching the boats. I wasn't comfortable letting Charlie ride these because I was sure he'd try to get out and swim! (and he doesn't swim...)

An old traincar
Typical Charlie pictures- blurry because he's on the go!


Precious boy.

Charlie was quite excited to meet this puppy named Shadow.
He just loooves puppies. I have said for a long time that I would never live with a dog or a cat. Charlie makes me nervous that he will one day convince me to eat those words.

Before Carousel ride #1.
I took him inside the carousel house to get used to it. He danced to the organ music, pointed at all the big animals, and waved to others. But here he is just gazing up in amazement!
Trying to get through the fence! Enough was enough... he just wanted to ride!
This was the most dizzying carousel ride I have ever been on. I prayed not to puke. I definitely felt like that would mess up the warm, fuzzy memory-making... 
When it was our turn to get on I let Charlie pick the animal he wanted to ride, and we finally got him settled on one that would go up and down (after switching several times). But he didn't like the up and down when the ride started, so I just stood there holding him while we went around. And around. And around. And it finally stopped. 
Of course he loved it. Didn't want to leave.

He played in this awesome little sand pit with a small fountain of water in it. How fun to play with wet sand that's not at the beach!





We also played with this digger in a dry sand pit.

Driving on the big kid playground!

After this we went to change his diaper, shirt, and shoes and dry out his shorts as much as possible from the wet sand. Thus, the different outfit in the rest of the pictures.
After Carousel ride #2. Loving on the giraffe! (He was hugging the leg.)

We walked on the pathway around the water- what a beautiful park!




He was insistent on pushing his stroller all. by. himself. When I tried to touch it to help him steer, he put up quite a bit of opposition. But he did a great job, mind you. He is one determined little boy- when he sets his mind on something, he is persistent!


Yep. Still pushin'. The one way he would let me help is if he ran into stairs- then he would let me lift the stroller up over them so he could continue pushing it.

Enthralled with their game of tag.


Locopops!!!!! 

What a special day we had; it is such a sweet memory to me.
I sure do love time with my Charlie!

Comments

Popular Posts