Preparing for Baby Byrd!

This fall we have been working hard to prepare for the arrival of our baby. There were three wonderful showers thrown for us and lots of time spent putting the nursery together!


This is the first shower given on October 16th in South Boston by Patty Davis, Debbi Bowen, Deborah Crenshaw, and Jenny Jones. Lots of friends from my hometown came!
Here I am in this picture with my mom and grandma and the AMAZING diaper cake Elizabeth Mills made for us! (She also made us a beautiful rocking horse for Baby Byrd to enjoy when he or she is older! Picture coming soon!)


This is my family shower given in South Boston on November 6th. I loved the cake!! If you can't tell, it's a baby bird in a nest, in honor of our little one who has been affectionately referred to as Baby Byrd.


Cute bird decorations!


The lovely hostesses: my cousin Jonci, my aunt Jane, and my aunt Sallie. 


A brunch and shower was also given to us on December 4th in Wake Forest by our wonderful small group! Here's the gang~ they all pitched in to help decorate, provide the food, and pray over our family and our baby. It was a special morning for sure!

 

In addition to showering us with gifts, the small group girls also made custom onesies for Baby Byrd!!


One of the ladies brought these tulips and two vases full of sliced pink grapefruit for some of the decorations! The card leaning against the flowers was a list of verses that we could pray over Baby Byrd. Each of us got one of these cards to keep, printed in pink and blue!

The Nursery....

At about 12 weeks into our baby journey we bought furniture for the nursery. A couple months later our friend Josh Williams painted the walls a creamy light brown color. Granana (my mom) made the chocolate brown curtains, and shower by shower we put together everything else! We ordered the glider in November with gift cards from a shower, and most recently we stained Baby Byrd's chest of drawers and assembled a small bookcase. My favorite part is the turtle lamp and the two framed pictures on the walls- one of a little yellow Wren and the other of the mountains. 

 
VOILA!!

Thank you, family and friends, for helping us give Baby Byrd a nursery! 


A pooped Daddy-to-be. I couldn't resist taking this picture... 

Well, we have arranged for childcare, found a pediatrician, installed the carseat bases, and even quasi-packed for the hospital (can you tell we're excited?!)... but alas, there was one more thing I needed....


Some pregnant mama bling!!!! (My fingers are swollen and I refuse to not have a wedding ring to wear!) 
This is the $6.50 special from the illustrious Claire's Boutique! Don't be jealous ladies...

We'll have a Baby Byrd ARRIVAL post soon...

Love you all,
Rebecca









Comments

Popular Posts