Yes, We Still Count the Months

Okay, so maybe this is cheesy, but we still like to acknowledge the 17th of every month since we got married on January 17th. Today marks two years and nine months! : ) In honor of the occasion Jimmy brought home some Moe's for dinner and surprised me with a bowl of queso dip! Woohoo!


Since we are on the subject of "anniversaries," I should mention that three years ago tomorrow (Oct. 18, 2008) Jimmy proposed to me!!!!!
He asked me to marry him on the front porch of my apartment. We had spent A LOT of time out there watching movies and talking after he would get off work from UPS (due to seminary housing stipulations- he could not actually be IN the apartment without a third party, but security said he could hang out on the porch....).
So, he arranged for some friends to set up a dozen roses, cheesecake, sparkling cider, and a beautiful red candle while we were at a coffee shop studying. We then went back to my place to meet some friends- we were going to the Ale House to watch baseball as the playoffs were in full swing. The TB Rays and the Boston Red Sox were playing game 6 with TB up by one game. Anyway, as we walked to the porch to wait for the Bruners, I saw the pretty display! At this point, I just thought someone had set up a lovely dessert for us... stupid me. Obviously when he got on one knee I knew what was going on! Afterwards I tried to eat my cheesecake but I was just too excited! And unbeknownst to me at the time, Nick and Ashley were sitting in their car by the dumpsters in the apartment complex watching everything!!
Jimmy had told Mom and Dad to stay in town that day because he was about to propose, so after we got engaged we all got together and took pictures in our apartment.
Then we still went to watch baseball. :)
Awesome night.


My porch!

My bling! I wanted to wear Jimmy's birthstone, so this is my beautiful topaz!


The friends who took part- Nick and Ashley that we had dinner with,
one of my good friends Charity, and Jimmy's roommate Alex.


Couldn't help but smile with such lovely parents and an amazing fiance!


This is the beautiful painting my uncle gave us of our engagement scene the Christmas before we got married. I love it soooo much. Outside of the rehearsal dinner Bettra gave us and the wedding my parents gave us, this was the most special gift we received during our engagement. It will always be displayed in our home.


...And, here we are three years later!

Comments

Popular Posts