A Fun Tuesday

Well, folks, the Byrd fam had a FUN day that included some yummy breakfast, refreshment, relaxation, as well as some study/class time for me.

Since Mam-maw (my mom) sent us a gift card to Cracker Barrel, we spontaneously thought it was a good plan to go there this morning. (It's especially fun and carefree when you don't have to PAY for it.) So, we went to the location by the RDU Airport. As always for us, we thought our food was, as the saying goes, smack yo' momma good. We even got to sit next to the fire, which we both think is a cozy perk to the experience.

the food scoop:  Rebecca got the wild blueberry pancakes with cheesy eggs and bacon, and I ordered the rockin' sweet potato pancakes with eggs over easy and turkey sausage patties. The sweet potato pancakes are the BEST that I've ordered there. They even put a dollop of brown sugar cinnamon butter on top that makes it out of this world. Mmmmm! Hurry, if you want to try them because they are only a winter special. Charlie ate some of both and drank his whole apple juice box.

this is the actual picture from the CB website


I had fun with Charlie letting him walk through the gift shop afterwards. He is SO outgoing. He met this other little boy who was probably about 3 years old. At first, Charlie was a little shy, but then he warmed up. It was really funny because the other boy kept saying, "Yeah, babies love me." After a couple of minutes Charlie started exploring other areas, but then found that boy again. The little boy says, "Oh no, not you again...yeah, babies just love me."

For supper, my wonderful, hard-working wife cooked some imperial chicken, roasted potatoes, and fresh, steamed green beans. I told her that this meal was a Home Run! Really, folks, if I brag too much on her, then you might get jealous. :) Charlie loved the potatoes the most. He shows this by shoving them in his mouth while saying, "Mmmm!" After dinner, Rebecca gave Charlie a bath and had a great time reading to him before he went to bed. She had a brief sad moment, which has occasionally been followed by her saying, "He's getting so big," because he didn't want to snuggle in her arms like he did when he was a little baby. Alas, it reminds us to savor all of the little moments.

my classes this semester
After we got back into Wake Forest, I went to the library to read for a few hours before going to class at 3:30. I got a good bit of reading done. Some thoughts on class: I appreciate the content in both classes. The first on Monday night, Hermeneutics, is the preferred class of the two. The professor, Dr. Merkle, goes to our church. I think he has a good demeanor and good sense of humor. Dr. Moseley, my professor of Old Testment II, also has a good sense of humor, but it is definitely of a more dry nature. But I appreciate dry humor, too.

After running errands this afternoon, Rebecca came home to discover a loaf of cinnamon bread that her friend  Dawn had bought for us. We have great friends. Also, Rebecca had some good family phone conversations with her cousin Meredith and both grandmas. Good times.

- Jimmy

Comments

Popular Posts