Our Lake Date

On Friday Mom came down to keep the boys, and Jimmy and I escaped to Jordan Lake for a while!
After breakfast at Chick-Fil-A we made the hour-ish drive out there, and it was worth it! Jordan Lake is beautiful. Jimmy had wanted to go there for quite some time, and we were finally able to go. He took his fishing stuff and I took a couple books. We took a picnic lunch.

Here I'm in front of the only pier in the Jordan lake area. It was nice but hot.
We headed for the shade.

Jimmy's fishing spot. Obviously he's happy to be fishing!

 My reading spot for the afternoon. Yes please!

The view from my chair

A nearby trail
We were going to explore and hike a bit but ended up running out of time. We'll just have to go another day!

I loved these roots nearby!

This view was my favorite. : )  It was fun to see him so excited to fish yet so relaxed!

Pretty much any day when you get to stick your feet in the lake and relax is a success.

I had time to read Scripture, and also part of a fiction book I had been engrossed in.

This was how I felt about being at the lake... Pretty darn excited!....
...Until I saw this:
Gross. And this was snake number 2. I just happened to see the first one slithering toward my chair out of the corner of my eye. I yelled for Jimmy, ran to our pile of stuff, and saw this guy headed down the bank toward the water. They gave me the heebie jeebies for the rest of the day. Jimmy thought they were cool. 

We finished our afternoon together by seeing "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" in the movie theatre. We decided to go all out and buy popcorn, drink, AND candy for both of us. Yes we did. We spent a lot of money at the snack bar. Anyway, the movie was really good. We highly recommend it. 

Here's to a day at the lake! And thank you, Mom, for watching the boys!

Comments

Popular Posts