Our Trip to Yorktown, VA

This summer I decided to take the boys to visit Susan and her gang. I had never met Brandon and Hannah's daughter Ava, and no one had met Henry, so we decided to remedy that!
We got there on Tuesday afternoon, July 23rd. We all ate lunch, and then the kids played outside. Susan cooked a yummy manicotti dinner that night, and we got to visit with Brandon and Hannah and Corey. We saw Ryan and Ashley a while before dinner.

The next morning before heading out to a nearby farm, everyone played outside again.


Swingin' in the breeze!


Sweet Ava

Charlie couldn't seem to keep his hands out of this bird bath...

At Blue Bird Gap Farm....
It was a gorgeous sunny day and HOT. We were at the farm about two hours, and Susan and I really felt like we had accomplished something when our trip there was over!
Henry and Ava taking in the sights.

Charlie was so excited to be in the barn, which he kept calling the farm.

With my big boy!

Checking out the old tractors.



The pretty peacock.



Trying to climb the fence.

Beautiful animals and scenery.

Ava and me!

Susan helping Charlie feed the billy goat.

With my little boy!



Looking at the animals with Susan!

This was the very cool playground they had, and the super tall slide...

...that my fearless boy climbed up without hesitation!

Sliding down!

A little barn at the playground.

Can you tell it was hot? Look at that sweaty boy!

He wanted to check out one of the utility vehicles.

We came back and had lunch and then let the little ones play before nap. Charlie really enjoyed this playhouse.


It was also fun to see both boys love on the collies, Katie and Charlie (and it was confusing at times when someone called for Charlie- the dog or the boy?!).

That night Susan fixed another delicious dinner- chicken enchiladas! We had more time to visit with family that we really enjoyed.

The next day we took the kids to Busch Gardens to visit their Sesame Street area. Hannah got to come on this trip! The first exhibit we saw after entering the park was the Clydesdales. There was a horse ride right nearby that the kids enjoyed a couple times.

Hi Mommy!

I had been hesitant to put Henry on, but look how much fun he had!

My sweet big boy.

I love this picture, I just wish it weren't so blurry.

At Sesame Street, there are always characters you can meet. Look who was there that day!!!

Ava and Elmo... she was a pro at hugging these guys! No fear!

COOKIEEEEE!!!!!!!

My boys were a bit hesitant since they had never seen these characters this big, so this was the closest I could get to having them take a picture with Elmo. I felt kind of goofy being excited myself.... but I do see them on my TV frequently! Does this count as meeting a TV star?! Ha! : )

Big Bird looking dapper in his tie. He was soooo big. Charlie loved seeing him!

We headed to ride rides, and Charlie was more fearless than me. I actually had butterflies in my stomach before getting on this ride (well, all of them actually...).


This was just my speed... not too high, and pretty slow. I just need to go to the kids area every time, and I'll be set.

Coming down... Charlie wanted to go again!!!

On Oscar's Whirly Worms... can you see who's having fun?!

Hannah and the kids and me leaving the Sesame Street part.

The hot air balloons!

Riding the airplane with Henry.

Charlie had a meltdown around this time...

and was asleep within minutes of being in the stroller.

So was Henry.

Pretty girls! Riding the train back to the car.

When we got back to Susan's house that afternoon, it was time to get ready for the big cook-out to wish Corey well on his upcoming (like the next morning) move out to San Diego with Ryan. We were glad this coincided with our visit since we got to see EVERYONE!! (Well, except Cameron. He was working at his newly opened bike shop.)

With Jeff and Aunt Frances. The boys had a great time playing with Jeff (and I think he had a good time, too!).

Soccer!

So sweet.

Sitting with Katelyn and her puppy! Charlie really liked this dog.

Wagon ride.

The next morning after seeing Corey and Ryan off, we packed up and headed to meet Mandie and Will for breakfast. They moved in April, and we hadn't seen them since.
Look at that big boy! Such a cutie!

These were our attempts to get a picture of all three boys....

Henry in a headlock, Will getting up...

Henry getting up and no one looking...

Will upset and everyone tuckered out... Oh well, maybe next time.

Pretty Mandie and her little man.

Good friends! Breakfast was not enough time to visit, but I'm at least glad we got to see them. 

We got home that afternoon in time for me to go to work, and all of us were glad to see Jimmy. We hope he can go next time!
A good time was had by all!

Comments

Popular Posts