Meatballs and Pete the Wion

On Halloween, Charlie really wanted to eat a package of malt balls I had put in his candy bucket. He asked what type of candy it was, and when trying to repeat my answer he said, "Meatballs." I repeatedly tried to correct him, but he insisted on calling them meatball candy or just meatballs! 

***The following is about poop. Stop reading if you'd rather not hear about this.***
Tonight Jimmy was asking Charlie if he had pooped. Of course he said no, so Jimmy pressed him a bit. Then he asked him, "Charlie, do you know what poop feels like?" (Side note, I was at work... I guess they just need to have their man conversations sometimes....) Jimmy said Charlie answered, "Like a meatball!" (Gross, I know.) Jimmy asked him again a few minutes later to see if he'd give the same answer. Once again he confidently said, "Like a meatball, Daddy!" We got a good laugh out of this for sure!

Also, something random I don't want to forget...
This morning Charlie, Henry, and I were pretending to be camping in a jungle. We were using the lacing beads as marshmallows for roasting, and Charlie started to use a spoon to toss marshmallows in one corner of our tent (the tent was the table with blankets around it). When I asked what he was doing he said "Feeding Pete the Wion." When I asked where Pete was he said, "Right dere" and pointed beside him. I had never heard of Pete before, we don't watch any shows with this type of character, etc., so I think Charlie came up with the all on his own. This is the first imagined creature we know of! We were discussing this at dinner tonight and Jimmy asked him if this was Pete from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or a different one. Charlie very matter-of-factly replied, "It's a different one." 

Also this morning while we were playing I asked Charlie if he wanted to watch a video. He said, "No, we're camping right now." I love that he wanted us to all keep playing! 

Comments

Popular Posts