Easter

I feel like it's kind of trite to say that I love Easter, but I really love Easter. It's such a special time- such a simple holiday, but one so full of impact. This year we were able to share Easter afternoon with our next-door neighbors and good friends, the Deskos and the Alleys. Despite everyone's various work schedules, we were all able to be together for lunch after church. Our house was that perfect kind of happy chaos that I love, complete with children running around, an infant alternating between sleeping and crying, chairs borrowed from the other houses, no room left in the kitchen, and lots of dishes. I love it.

Here is the spread I set out the night before:
The boys each got a little basket with some chocolates, a little bunny, and a card with a chocolate cross in it. They also got this board book of the Easter story, which I thought explained things beautifully. Jimmy's goodies are there in the front and the beautiful mound of chocolate was part of our dessert for the afternoon!

Exploring Easter morning goodies!

Between the three houses we put together this spread: fried chicken, deviled eggs, fruit, homemade mac 'n cheese, bacon-wrapped green beans, and sweet potato casserole. Yum-o.

The cake! It was delicious too.

After lunch the kids had an Easter egg hunt. I love it that they're still in their church clothes! I had put candy in some of the eggs, which leads to this picture....

Why hunt out the eggs when you can just stand there and eat candy?!

Reagan, swingin' in the breeze.

It was such a lovely day, and as every Easter is, a reminder of the most amazing earth-shattering news that anyone could ever hear: Christ is RISEN!!

Comments

Popular Posts