Cousin Time!

In the past week we have had the opportunity to spend time with extended family! First Charlie and I got to meet our new baby cousin Dylan and spend time with my cousin Blair. For the record, we did not mean to dress them alike! But they do look cute together...

When we got to Eden, Blair and I had lunch with Kacoo and then let the boys play a while at Kacoo's house. It was great to get a whole afternoon to visit!

The newest member of our family- Dylan Samuel Barker, born Oct. 1, 2011
We met him when he was exactly one month old on Nov. 1!

He's such a sweet little boy!

Charlie was really curious.

The boys in their matching outfits! Ha ha! I can't wait to watch them grow up together and play together at family gatherings! I'm sure they'll find plenty to get into together...

Getting to hold my precious new cousin. So tiny and huggable!

Kacoo and her great-grandsons!

Charlie's favorite toy while we were there- Kacoo's walker (because it had wheels...)

Both boys fell asleep going the few miles from Kacoo's house to Blair's house!
That evening Charlie and I got to visit with Jane, Frank, and Johnny as well. Blair and Jane fixed grilled cheese and brunswick stew for dinner, and it was nice to just have a leisurely visit. Charlie and I left about 8:00!
Charlie with his Great Aunt Jane and Great Uncle Frank
The Barkers as a new family of three!

Then, on Saturday (Nov. 5th) we got to visit with Dennis, Sallie, Meredith, Darla, and Grandma (and of course Granana, Granddaddy, and Uncle D)! They came down to Mom's house and we had a nice lunch and afternoon visit with them. Mom fixed baked spaghetti- yum!
Playing with Aunt Sallie and Darla

Charlie and Darla!
The kids are obviously blurry- they were constantly on the move! They seemed to have a great time playing together.

Meredith and I are about a year apart in age, the same amount of age between Darla and Charlie! (This was not planned...) Though we've been quite a few miles apart for years now, Meredith is like a sister to me. I hope our kids will have a special relationship as well!

Charlie and Darla with their Great Grandma Virginia

Darla had just given Dad some sugar!

Together on the back porch swing

Darla giving some sugar! Love it!

Though I love family gatherings around the holidays, these unexpected gatherings are so special as well. I love extra chances to visit with family and just hang out!

Comments

Popular Posts