Cereal & Other Things

Last Thursday night, August 30th, Henry had his first taste of cereal! He has been a really hungry baby lately- waking up some in the middle of the night again sometimes to eat- so Jimmy suggested we go ahead and start him on cereal. He'll be 4 months on Tuesday so it wasn't a big deal to start a few days earlier than planned. Charlie was interested to watch his brother eat!

He preferred chewing on the bib to actually eating...

Mom, I eat from a bottle, remember?! What is this????

I'm pretty sure Charlie had just put some leftovers from the floor in his mouth.

A bit blurry, but I thought it was a sweet smile!

Another bite...

I love to see him smile! In between bites I played with him and tried to get him to smile.


Sweet boy!!

A while later in a whim of stupidity I bathed Henry in his bathtub on the kitchen floor while Charlie was still awake!! Jimmy was not home at that time, so I tried to be sneaky about the bath while he was watching a movie. You can't get anything past him, though, so he finally walked in the kitchen and realized we were having a tub party without him. But they made each other belly laugh, and it was precious!!

Charlie thought it was so funny that Henry was kicking his legs and splashing! He then stuck his hands in the water and splashed, which Henry thought was funny as well!

Looooove baby giggles!

For some reason, Charlie really likes to play with Henry's tub. Today he was using it as a spot for reading- really cute! The pink on his shirt is from his amoxicillan... another ear infection. Boo. He also has a cough and runny nose, and so does Henry now.

My sweet little one sleeping in his new swaddle.
He always seems more comfortable and content sleeping when he is on his side or laying on his stomach on one of us. I think that when he's able to turn over he'll probably be a tummy sleeper like his brother (and his mom).

Tonight when we were getting ready to read books before bed, Charlie picked this one up. We read this book about Jesus quite a bit, and when I said, "Okay, we'll read the book about Jesus," Charlie responded by saying His name!!! It sounded something like "Je-da" or "Je-ja". I was excited and called Jimmy, and Charlie showed him his book and repeated His name to him too. We pray that one day Charlie will speak His name in trust as He asks Him to be His Savior! 

Charlie's new table and chairs- just the right size!!
Today Mom, Dad, Daniel, and the Byrds got together to celebrate Dad's recent retirement and upcoming birthday. We had a great time at Los Tres and then visiting with them here afterwards!
They unloaded this table and chairs after lunch- the table is one my granddaddy made a long time ago that I used when I was little (and then Jimmy used it to hold our dessert and flowers when he proposed to me on my porch!) and Mom found the chairs at a yard sale, I think. Charlie had a great time this afternoon sitting at it and coloring!

Last thing- this past Tuesday when Jimmy had a day off, we all went to Chick-Fil-A to have lunch. We saw our friends Tara, Ashlyn, and Mrs. Porter (Zane's Mom) there, and Ashlyn and Charlie played together in the play area. At one point Charlie followed Ashlyn up the stairs and into the play tunnels! I went in after him but felt claustrophobic when I got to the tunnels, so I came back down. It was his first time being completely out of my sight and reach when in a play area like that! I felt a little nervous at first but he had a great time, and Ashlyn took care of him in such a sweet big sisterly way!

Comments

Popular Posts