Update on the Byrds

There have been a few changes around here lately, so I thought I'd share the news (no, I'm not pregnant).

First of all, Jimmy is in a 6 month IT intensive course to obtain 11 computer certifications from 3 different companies (Microsoft, CompTIA, and Cisco). He's well on his way- he's earned two certifications so far! Woohoo!!! These certifications will qualify him for a wide range of network administration, server administration, desktop support, and information systems security management positions (etc.- but you get the point). The course started about a month ago, and he goes to class Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-10 PM. To say he loves it is an understatement. : )  He's really good with computers and feels like he's finally found his "niche" for a vocation. He gets great resume and job coaching there and is really enjoying his instructors. I am so proud of him!! It is also great to see how invigorated he is studying in this field.
So- time at seminary is finished. We both feel peaceful about that and ready for that chapter to close. We are also excited to see what this next chapter will bring!

There is a lot of this going on in our house:

Jimmy's school:

It has a very pretty lawn!



As for me, I got a new job at Olive Garden and am really enjoying working there on a part-time basis. I like the restaurant industry, and if you know me at all you know I like serving people a nice dinner (whether it's at my house or in a restaurant I like it either way!). I also like throwing a good party. I feel like serving tables encompasses a bit of both of those things, so I have a good time running around serving people their yummy food! Of course the best part about a job like this is that it affords me the opportunity to help out my family by providing income but still allows me to spend a lot of the boys' awake time with them.
We are thankful for God's provision in this new job.

Here's to new opportunities- cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts