Our 4th Anniversary

The night of our anniversary we were able to go out and celebrate since Jimmy had rearranged his school schedule for that week. It was pouring rain and cold when we left WF for The Cheesecake Factory, and we knew snow was in the forecast for later that evening! We had a good time talking on the way out there and during our meal, and our dinner was wonderful. Jimmy had Shepherd's Pie and I had Moroccan Chicken, and then for dessert he got pineapple upside down cake cheesecake, and I got wild blueberry. SO good! (But Jimmy's cheesecake was definitely better than mine!) We love our tradition of eating cheesecake every year since we had cheesecake as our wedding cake.

I love this picture of the snow coming down as we were leaving!

I always forget to try to get a picture of us together, so here we are separately in the front seat after dinner:


These were the shoes I walked down the aisle in four years ago! It was fun to wear them again for my anniversary. Now if only I could wear my dress again....

We have also made it a tradition to discuss our family memories from the past year and hopes and goals for the upcoming year on our anniversary. We were given a sheet of questions to help facilitate this a few years ago, and it always makes for a great discussion. A lot has happened in our four short years since getting married..... For instance, we have had 2 children, moved three times (not counting the initial time when we got married), each changed jobs twice, and attended lots of class (I graduated, and Jimmy started his computer school that will end later this year). I am hoping that this next year will bring some more time to hang out together as a couple, a slowing down of this crazy schedule we've been living, and many more sweet memories with our boys! 

Comments

Popular Posts