Valentine's Day

Well, Valentine's Day was interesting this year. The morning started with some fun treats...

Charlie got Nutella To Go, Teddy Grahams, a fun sippee cup, stickers, and a card. And yes, I let him eat his treats for breakfast.

Happy little Henry. He got baby food peach cobbler that he enjoyed for breakfast, and a little teddy bear with a teething ring that he never looked at twice. Oh well.

Dad came up to hang out with Henry while Charlie and I went to his class, and he showed up at the door with a frozen mocha for me! He spoils us, I tell ya! Class was fun and we enjoyed seeing Gammar, and then we were out the door to Cisco to have lunch with Jimmy. We thought this would be fun since we wouldn't see each other that night (Jimmy would be at class, I would be at work). 

We made it there fine, but the actual lunch was chaotic to say the least. As we were checking in and waiting for Jimmy, Henry began to fuss. It was then that I realized that I brought the formula, but not the bottle. Brilliant move on my part. Anyway, we got our lunch and tried to pay for it but found out they just take cash. We didn't have cash. And of course the ATM was broken that day. Thank goodness for IOUs! Then, no highchair for wily Charlie, which is understandable since grown adults work at Cisco, but Charlie didn't sit the whole lunch. He kept running behind the curtains on the window next to our table, back and forth, and down to the next table where people were sitting. Meanwhile, Henry didn't want the baby food I was offering him. He just wanted his bottle... of course. So he cried and fussed the whole time as Jimmy and I tried to cram food in our mouths so he could hurry back to work. Occasionally people glanced our way to see what all the ruckus was about- can't say I blame them, either. When we finally finished and got the boys headed out of the cafeteria in their stroller, Henry stopped crying. What timing, ha! Jimmy had to go back to his cubicle, so I got us back to the van, changed two poopy diapers in the back, and buckled the kids in. Henry's crying started again, and Charlie took off his shoes and socks immediately for no good reason. We had decided earlier that I would go see Jimmy's work space after lunch, and somehow I got lost on the short drive to that building. When I finally get there and unloaded all our stuff into the stroller, Charlie started to have a meltdown. It quickly turned into a temper tantrum. Once he finally got calmed down, we walked into the building but couldn't go any further than the first set of glass doors. I called Jimmy several times to come down and let us in, but he was on a call and couldn't respond to me until Charlie had started in on temper tantrum #2. I finally decided to just head back to the car, tempted to have a temper tantrum of my own by this point!!!! Charlie cried for a while once we were in the van but eventually quieted down and went to sleep. The quiet drive back was very good to me. 

Once back it was time to get ready for the baby-sitter so I could go to work. She was a new baby-sitter and the first time our boys had stayed with a teenager, so I was a little nervous. I was thinking about those nights the boys are a bit much for me, and I'm with them all the time! But she did a wonderful job and I had no reason to worry. Anyway, I had a good shift at work until the end, when a family of 6 came in right before closing (9:55ish) and stayed until past 11:30. They were rude to me and very demanding, and about 5 minutes into serving them it turned into a challenging spiritual exercise for me. I tried really hard to be kind in the midst of their ugliness, but man I was worn out by the time I arrived home about midnight!! Whew!

What a day!! I'm thinking we'll make some different plans next year! But the important part of course, is that I get to share every day of my life with three incredible Valentines who I love more than anything.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts