Easter 2013

As the celebration that marks the foundation and cornerstone of our Christian faith, Easter is always a special time. Despite the fact that I had to work all weekend this year, I still made time to meditate on and savor the sacrifice Christ made on my behalf. It started Thursday when I got to go to the Maundy Thursday service. Jimmy was in class, but I went anyway since they had childcare available. It was a very reflective service, commemorating Jesus' last night before His death when He first instituted the Lord's Supper. It was just the right way to start the Easter weekend.

Charlie colored this picture in the nursery that night. When I asked him about the picture he colored of Jesus eating with His friends, Charlie said, "Mmmmm, cookies!" Well not quite, but I can see where the bread in this picture might look like a cookie! : )

Sunday morning the service at church was so rich and worshipful. How could it not be when you're celebrating the bodily resurrection of Christ as well as the coming resurrection of believers to new life?!?!? Christ gives such HOPE!!!

Charlie's Easter day coloring page from nursery- "Jesus is Alive!"

Afterwards we headed to Brig's to celebrate the holiday with a nice family lunch.

Little man Henry was asleep when we first got there.

I love his little outfit!


Blurry, but I thought it was a cute smile.


It's really hard to take a picture with one or both of my boys where they look at the camera and smile at the same time I do!!

Charlie enjoyed his meal, to say the least.



Our attempt at an Easter family photo.

Our spring wreath I put up before Easter.

My fun gold shoes I wore on Easter! I usually don't buy shoes like these, but Jimmy sent me on a shopping spree in February and I figured why not buy some fun shoes!

The Easter cake pops I took my co-workers, along with some fresh strawberries and a plate of Little Debbie butterfly cakes. 

Charlie with his "bunny cake" later that night.

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.'" John 11:25

Comments

Popular Posts