Father's Day!

Well, Charlie has an awesome Dad!! Jimmy is so proud of his son and is a very hands-on Daddy, as he has been up with Charlie in the middle of the night at least as much- if not more- than I have been. He often does his early morning feeding, changes many diapers, and loves to play with him and entertain him with silly faces and silly noises. Jimmy and I can make the exact same noise or face to Charlie, but Dad often gets a BIG smile! Mom, not as much. This Dad just seems to have that awesome playful touch!

I also have an awesome Dad! He has been loving me well now for over 29 years!!! I am so thankful that the Lord picked him to be my Dad. I love that he makes me laugh a lot, knows how to savor the small but sweet blessings in life, and that after more than three decades of marriage he is still crazy about my Mom. What a great example! He is very dedicated to loving and taking care of his family, and it has been so sweet to watch him become a Granddaddy this year! He is precious with Charlie. He is Charlie’s only Granddaddy, but he loves him enough for several granddaddies!!


We tried to make Father’s Day last all weekend, so I spread out small treats throughout the weekend. After enjoying worship together at North Wake on Sunday morning, we met my family at Texas Roadhouse for a Father’s Day celebration!





Later in the afternoon we ate homemade Father's Day cheesecake!
(With lemon sauce and raspberries!)


Charlie wore this shirt to tell the world how he feels:


So glad we got to celebrate Dad and Jimmy!






Comments

Popular Posts