The Farmer's Market

Well, we finally made it to the State Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago! I had been wanting to go and look around, so one Tuesday when Jimmy was off we headed out there. Here are some pictures of the day.

Charlie decided that morning that he wanted to wear his Scooby hat outside.


Our sweet boy is growing up waaaay too fast- despite the Scooby hat, he seems so big here!

We cooked a nice lunch at home before going to Raleigh.
Corn bread, roast, sauteed onions, gravy, carrots and peas, and mashed potatoes. Yummy!

When Charlie woke up from his nap he wanted to sit in my lap and eat off my plate!

He still looks sleepy!

I didn't think about the fact that the products for sale would change with the changing seasons, so I was delighted to find fresh Christmas trees and beautiful fresh greenery wreaths for sale! I bought a wreath for our door for a steal of a price! I'm thinking that might have to become a Christmas tradition for me.... fresh wreaths always make me think of the Christmas decorations in Williamsburg (one of my most favorite places, ever) and of simpler times long ago.

Yams, apples, collard greens, and kale abounded! Charlie ate lots of samples of apples until we finally bought a bag. At that point he ate a ginormous apple as we were strolling through the market.

Flowers for sale!

There was even firewood you could buy. How I wish we needed that!

We also went into the building behind the actual farmer's market where a variety of wares are sold; those don't have to be grown or made in NC to be sold there.

In true Byrd family style, we got a couple pieces of dessert and sat down to relax!

We got oreo cake and coconut pie to share.

...And then Charlie found places to go.

We crossed the street to see an import store with some very interesting things.

Heading back to the van I snapped this picture. Every season has its own beauty!

We walked back through the market, and it was neat to see how they were closing up for the night.

It was definitely a fun afternoon, and I wish it were closer to us so we could go more often. But we'll still head to Raleigh to go once in a while. Thanks, NC farmers, for all your produce!

Comments

Popular Posts