Thursdays With Granddaddy

One thing I cherish about this season in our lives is the close proximity to my parents and brother. It's very easy to get together, and we see each other often. I definitely don't take this for granted! Anyway, Charlie has had a class this fall on Thursdays where parents are supposed to come and participate with their child. I thought this would be a great way to have Mommy-Charlie time. But then I had to figure out what to do with Henry! I tried taking him to the class, but that was kind of chaotic. So... Dad to the rescue! Daniel had a class on Thursdays, so he and Dad would ride down here together, Dad would watch Henry (including changing diapers- a hands-on Granddad for sure!) while Charlie and me went to class, and then we would have lunch together and enjoy some hang out time. Our Thursday afternoons with Granddaddy have become one of the highlights of my week. I love seeing him with my boys, and I love that they love their Granddaddy so much and are getting to know him better every week! And of course I love seeing my Dad every week. I'm pretty sure the last time I saw him that often I lived in his house! All that being said, here are some pictures!


Dance party- dancing to the harmonica that stuffed turkey played. I may have been glad when the battery died....

You'll notice my son is shoveling tiramisu into his mouth. Granddaddy has trained him well!

At lunch- love Charlie's big smile!

Including sleepy Henry in the picture.

Two buds

That precious smile I cannot get enough of!!

The hat game


And last Thursday, I stopped in the Dollar Tree before heading home to get some paper products for our Christmas Eve dinner. Dad sat in the car with the boys. I came out with some reindeer antlers!!!
Of course they are all blurry and too bright, but I love these pictures anyway.


Henry's thinking, "What is on my head?!?"

Granddaddies wear antlers too!


A few things I want to remember about Charlie's class:
***We got a CD of their circle time music, which we didn't listen to much until Charlie recently started mentioning the song "Run Baby, Run" (which he calls "Run Run Run"). I have lost count of how many times we've heard it in the car this week, and one night last weekend at work I had that song stuck in my head! 
***He didn't get into the crafts that much, but he did try almost every one of them. He is slowly getting the hang of various art-related skills.
***Almost every time he painted, he tasted it. Oh well. Good thing it's non-toxic.
***I was really pleased today when he was focused on his art project for a while, putting stickers on his paper and then using various snowflake stamps. He's good at focusing on things he's trying to figure out, he just hasn't been that focused on art.
***Today we did the parachute, and he belly laughed so hard!!
***Of course, during the last class, he got into the music more than he has the entire time we've been in the class!
***His favorite center has been the train set. He also likes the tunnel!
***He seemed fascinated with the other kids in the class, watching them during the musical circle time. Sometimes I would love to know what's going on in that brain of his!

Comments

Popular Posts