Lately

Here's a little bit of what's been going on with us lately.
We've been getting the last few things ready for Henry...
This is the corner in our bedroom where Henry's port-a-crib will be. The new mattress fits perfectly, and the crib fits nicely in that corner! That recliner is super comfy and one we got for free from some friends in Durham. I figure that will be the nursing chair in the middle of the night.

After a recent trip to Wal-Mart to get some things for the hospital stay and for Charlie's stay at a friend's house during that time (among other necessary items), our boy fell asleep holding his favorite item we bought.
We bought a minivan!!
Oh the irony. My parents owned a minivan like this when I was in middle school and high school. And I haughtily declared that unlike my mom and her friends, I would never own a minivan or wear a bathing suit with a skirt. I've recently thought to myself, "How do those words taste going down, Rebecca?!" Well, it doesn't taste too bad to eat my words since I really like this van! I'm sure I'll be in a skirt bathing suit before long too... after two pregnancies the thought of covering up my hips is quite appealing. Ha!
And yes, I know the van looks somewhat like a rocketship. Oh well. It's functional. : )
Jimmy proudly displayed his Braves plate on the front of the van!
We found this van in Colonial Heights, VA. We sold Jimmy's car to a dealership, enabling us to pay off a debt and do a couple other things, and then made the trip to VA two days in a row.... the first day to look at the van, the next day to buy it and bring it home!
The trips were an adventure. I had a touch of the stomach funk and felt nauseous both nights. Charlie was bored in his carseat the first night and cried quite a bit.
 The second night it was raining hard on the way back, we were both exhausted, and when Charlie started to have a meltdown about an hour from home we pulled over at a gas station to soothe him. As I was holding him, I felt something warm in my shoe... and realized that Charlie had peed out of his diaper and into my shoe. We decided to call it a day and spend the night in a hotel. With no clothes or anything. But it was fun! Family slumber party! Charlie just slept in between us in the bed.
The next day Jimmy woke up with a bit of the stomach funk. So, once we got home we pretty much all took a day to sleep and relax.

We acquired this piece of furniture!
It was free from a neighbor who is moving and would no longer have space for it. Jimmy put it in the kitchen where we need extra cabinet space.
I love it!
I enjoyed brainstorming what to put on top. All free decoration.
I was excited to finally have a place to display my little tea set that I love.

YAY for extra space!!!

We've been playing outside a lot!
Here is Charlie after he had licked a shovel caked with dirt and washed it down with some bubble liquid. Yum.
Come to find out, I just need to get him a pot of dirt and that is more than sufficient entertainment. : )

Blowing bubbles with the big boys. He imitated the "blowing" part by spitting on the bubble wand. It was cute. These are neighborhood friends Ethan and Noah.

Noah's mom gave him his first popsicle, and he loved it! He just about ate all of it!

I finished my Daniel Bible study!
This was a challenging and fruitful study for me. The book of Daniel has a lot of information in it, and I am still trying to absorb everything and think through it. This fall my Bible study leader is starting a study on Revelation, which I am hopeful I can be a part of. Daniel and Revelation both highlight God's providence, and how nothing can thwart His plans. The Daniel study has encouraged my trust in Him and heightened my excitement for Christ's return, and I think the Revelation study would do the same! I'm so thankful to be able to study Scripture.

Our small group celebrated baby Henry!
They prayed for us and then blessed us with a very generous gift card, some wipes, and this adorable diaper cake.


We had a date night!
Thanks to some friends who gave me a "baby-sitting coupon" for my birthday, we got to enjoy a night out together. We ate at Red Bowl Asian Bistro, and it
was delicious!




Jimmy had General Tso's chicken, fried rice, and a Philadelphia roll. I had a chicken egg roll and chicken fried rice.

This morning Charlie and I participated in "4,000 Steps."
Jimmy and I had raised some money for our local Pregnancy Support Services, and today was the walk. I think Charlie was one of the most enthusiastic participants! He jabbered and socialized with everyone, pointed at the dogs he saw, and was just generally excited to be in the midst of that many people!

Comments

Popular Posts