Preparing for Baby Henry!

We have been busy around here getting ready for baby Henry's upcoming arrival!
We made him a "room" out of the "under-the-stairs" closet... it's not big of course, but it's just big enough!

Here is his room!

A close-up of his shelf: his bird picture, a little water fountain that I thought would be soothing, and his ultrasound picture with verses from Psalm 139 around it.

More close-ups!
Since Charlie was referred to as "Baby Byrd" before his birth, when we found a sweet picture of a yellow NC Wren, we decided to frame it and put it over his crib. We wanted to do the same for Henry. This little songbird pictured here is a blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and we thought he was really cute!

I loved this rug I found!
We are so thankful for the towels, clothes, burp cloths, blankets, and diapers that we have! We have not had to spend any money yet on those provisions. Thank you, Lord!

His bassinet in the corner! He will take naps in his bassinet during the day. Thankfully, this closet is the room in our house that feels the coolest during the day, in the heat of the afternoon.
My mom has a very sturdy wooden port-a-crib that raises up like a regular crib which Henry will sleep in at night (in our room for a while, then the boys will share the second bedroom that is currently Charlie's room). Apparently a port-a-crib is very similar to a minicrib! She has generously offered to get a new mattress for us as well.

We got Charlie a little stuffed yellow chick before he was born, and we got Henry this little blue elephant. I saw it weeks ago and was so excited to finally get to purchase it!

His name stenciled on the wall! I had fun with that project!

The cute sleeper we hope to bring Henry home in.

This was given to my parents by a sweet couple in their church who had only used it a handfull of times for their grandchildren. My parents then gave it to us so we can ride both boys backwards for a while longer. Charlie will be able to move into his forward-facing big boy carseat when he is closer to two years old.

Here is Henry's diaper bag! It will have his name monogrammed in orange, just like his big brother's.

I read the chapter in here on nursing to try to get ready for that new adventure, and I've read The Birth Partner as well. Jimmy and I have been meeting with our doula and are trying to learn as much as we can! I will start working on my birth plan this week and have started to get a few things together for the hospital trip, whenever that day may come.

I've been trying to finish Charlie's baby book and am getting ready to start on the pre-birth pages in Henry's (his is on the right).

And this blessed fan... rescues me in this stage of pregnancy.

A pregnant profile picture just for memory's sake!

I am currently 36 weeks and 2 days, so we've still got a while to wait. But I am slowing down... meals are simpler, no more traveling, I am done (for the time being) with work after this Thursday's shift, and my favorite place right now is the couch!

We are grateful for the Lord's sovereignty over Henry's life and can't wait to meet him on the birthday the Lord has already planned!



Comments

Popular Posts