Saturdays With Granana

One thing that has been really special about this year is how much my parents have been able to see Charlie. Since they only live an hour and 20 minutes away, we don't often go there for long visits or overnight stays, but we do get to see them a lot! We appreciate how much they have come down here to visit with us, help with Charlie, and give us a break.
Since I began working at Girasole (almost 11 months ago!) they have come a lot on Saturdays to help cover the time when I would head to work and Jimmy would be coming home. And even on Saturdays when Dad can't come because of other responsibilities, Mom still comes. Just about every time she comes, she brings paper towels or diapers or some other necessary item, and she usually washes my dishes. She keeps me company and chats with me, and she lets me steal some time away to go to a coffee shop and read. Of course she loves on our boy and takes him strolling and swinging, or out with her to run an errand or two, or just plays with him in the floor and reads to him. Many times she and Dad have treated me to lunch. Some Saturdays we have worked on getting things ready for Henry. She now knows lots of my neighbors and their children.
It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), that Saturday is a very bright spot in my week! I have treasured the extra time to talk and visit with Mom and have loved watching her and Dad with Charlie. What a blessing they have been to us!

Swingin' in the breeze!
Both Mom and Dad love to take Charlie outside, and he loves it!

One recent Saturday when Mom came down to Wake Forest, the three of us hung out together all day. We went to the library...

...and then to Cici's Pizza for lunch...
 
Goofy kid!!
...and then to the park to play!
(squirming to get down...)
At the cabins at the park

He loved running up and down the ramp to this cabin!

Here is Charlie playing "Toss the Egg Chalk and Go Get It..."
He would throw it in the mulch, step over the bricks, and pick it up. Then he would throw it on the sidewalk, step over the bricks again, pick it up, and repeat. Mom and I wondered how long he would have done this if we hadn't needed to come home for nap...

Today when Mom came the three of us ate Mexican for lunch (I got to pick!), and then she and I sat on the couch together and chatted/read/blogged while Charlie napped. She took him for a stroll while I stayed inside to blog.

I'm so thankful for the time we have together!

 



Comments

Popular Posts